Cinderella Tutu

Cinderella Tutu
www.etsy.com/shop/glittertulle

Saturday, February 9, 2013

More on the Spring Line

As I've mentioned before, my mom is my freerange supplier (I stole the term freerange from some of my tweeps!).  She finds me things on sale or on clearance and mails them down from Missouri, in hopes that I will be able to use them to take my little one-gal shop global someday and make her a lot of money in stock-options.  We are far from that but I do appreciate her contributions.  She sends me almost all of the t-shirts I use for my rhinestone bling shirts.  And one day about two months ago she sent me these:
Royal blue, gold, and hot pink butterflies

Turquoise butterfly, about to take flight!

Chocolate, lavender and turquoise butterflies


I absolutely loved them from the second I saw them.  I have a ton of little clip on butterflies I get out of the dollar bin at Michael's but these are different.  Some of these colors are so unique and rare. I knew immediately that these would be my inspiration for my spring line.  While I haven't started working on it yet (so many things going on!) once I do, each of my first 12 tutus will be designed around one of these butterflies.  Each tutu will be unique and they will all feature one of these butterflies incorporated right into the tutu. They will also have a ton of ribbon and rhinestones.  Sound fabulous? I think it's going to be amazing! Sadly, I only have two of each color of these little gems. :( So, this is what I've decided to do!  If you see a color you absolutely love and you know you cannot face the spring without your little girl in a tutu featuring that particular butterfly, send me a message and I will put it on hold for you.  Free of charge.  Your name on it until it's made and then you can decide for sure if you want it or if I list it on Etsy.  I'm only offering this to my blog, facebook, and/or twitter followers.  So, if you really love the turquoise butterfly, send me a message and say, "Dibs on the turquoise!" and I'll hold it for you until it's done. If you love it, it's yours.  If you don't, it's fair game.  By the way, I'm thinking the price point for these is going to be about $30--which is a great deal if you price similar tutus on Etsy or ArtFire.
Speaking of great deals, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my pricing.  That's one area where people go back and forth. Is it high quality if it's not expensive? If it's too expensive, is it worth it?  If you own one of my tutus or if you've been pricing tutus, please leave a comment. We'd love to hear what you have to say!
Don't forget about my giveaway!  I'm giving away a free tutu tomorrow night at 9:00 Central (2/10/13). If you don't follow my blog, signing up to do so will earn you 5 entries! Like me on FB or Twitter for another entry each.

No comments:

Post a Comment