Cinderella Tutu

Cinderella Tutu
www.etsy.com/shop/glittertulle

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Like a Rhinestone Cowgirl!

Every time I say the word "rhinestone" I think of the Glen Campbell song, "Rhinestone Cowboy," and since I live in Texas, I can pull the whole cowgirl thing of, sort of, hence the title of this post.
I was super excited when my giant order of rhinestones arrived this week.  I ordered them about a month ago and was starting to wonder if they would ever arrive.  As soon as I opened the boxes I started to think of all of the great things I can make with them!
I now have over 30 different colors of rhinestones!  Most of them are the crystal ones, which are the most popular, but I also got a ton in some really cool colors.
I really like the red, pink, and blue ones. I think I have 3 or 4 different shades of blue.  And each color has plenty to do several projects with.
I went ahead and got started blingin' it up yesterday by adding my school district's logo to an apron for cafeteria duty. What do you think? Sorry the pic is a little blurry.
Oh, the possibilities! Aprons, t-shirts, dresses, what's next? Wouldn't your child's teacher love a little smock or apron with her school logo or mascot on it?  Maybe "Teachers' Have Class" or "Mrs. Smith Rocks!" something like that (I pretty much refuse to put an apple or  #1 Teacher on anything but that's debatable.)
What about your hair stylist?  Could she use a "Hair Diva" t-shirt? A "My Boss Rule's" t-shirt for the coolest boss you've ever had?  Bling on a bib or a onesie? Just think of all the awesome bling that can be created from this many rhinestones!

No comments:

Post a Comment