Cinderella Tutu

Cinderella Tutu
www.etsy.com/shop/glittertulle

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Custom Tease

Yes, I know that should say Custom T's but I wanted to take this opportunity to share with you the process I go through when creating a custom rhinestone t-shirt so I can get you thinking about all of the possibilities!
I am working on a t-shirt for a wonderful new customer.  We have been working on it together for a few days, going back and forth, and I wanted to let you know a little bit about how the process has been working.
This customer contacted me through Etsy on Sunday and asked if I could put a specific phrase on a shirt for her son's grandmother.  It's kind of an unusual phrase but it's nothing I can't do.  I gave her a price--not a quote--I don't believe in quotes.  If I can't do it for what I think I can do it for, that's my problem.  Yesterday she said, yes, let's go for it!  So, I spent about an hour yesterday drawing up some templates.  I use the program Paint for my templates most of the time because it's fairly user-friendly and it has a lot of options.  I sent her three templates and then we messaged back and forth a few more times. She sent me a picture of a font from one of my other shirts that she would like for me to use. I created another template and I am waiting for her approval.  Once she has agreed to that template, I will create a custom order for her in Etsy.  (If you've never ordered anything through Etsy or used a custom order, it's super simple and it's a great way to make sure your order is specific to what you want.  Maybe I'll post about that later . . . . )  Once the item has been paid for, I will lay the stones.  Then, I'll send her another photo of the stones on the shirt but not transferred yet.  If she loves it, I'll transfer the rhinestones and ship!  If she doesn't, I'll make any corrections I need to and send her another photo.  That will continue until she's 100% satisfied.
That's the process I use for my custom t-shirts!  I know a lot of other artisans read this blog.  What is your process for custom orders?  I'd love to hear!
A custom t-shirt from Glitter and Tulle Boutique!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment