Cinderella Tutu

Cinderella Tutu
www.etsy.com/shop/glittertulle

Thursday, February 7, 2013

How to Contact an Etsy Seller for a Custom Order

I mentioned yesterday that it is super easy to contact an Etsy seller for more information or to set up a custom order but I thought it might be helpful to explain to you just how simple it is.
I was having a lot of trouble getting Blogger to embed my screenshots so I decided to do it the old fashion way.  I took photos and I'm just going to use those!  Simple enough!
Basically, all you need to do is:
1) Visit etsy.com
www.etsy.com

2) If you do not have an account, it's super simple to create one  Just click on "Register" and fill out the form.  It asks for your name and email. That's basically it.
3. You can search for whatever item you are trying to find, such as "tinkerbell tutu" in the search box and it will bring up lots of choices. In this picture, I actually searched for my shop name so if you weren't sure how to find me, now you can!
How to search for an item or shop

My shop page!
4. Click on whatever you like and it will take you to that item's listing. Once there, you can click on the shop or "contact" the seller.
This is the contact the seller button on my shop!


5. When you click on "contact" the seller, a little dialogue box pops up so you can ask questions.  You can ask anything you'd like and if a seller doesn't take the time to answer you in a timely fashion with a thorough response, they're probably not the seller for you.  Most artisans will answer promptly and make sure they answer all of your questions.
This text box will pop up

You can write a message and ask me about whatever you'd like!  This is a fake message, based on a few I've gotten recently.

6. When you have a response, a little number "1" will show up in blue over the envelope at the top of your page.  This is just to indicate that the seller has responded.  Click on the envelope and you will see what is essentially an email from the seller.  All of your etsy conversations can be found here unless you delete them.
That's it!  Super simple and an easy way to find out if a crafter can create exactly what you want. If you don't see exactly what you want in a shop, ask the seller because he or she may just be able to make it for you.  I know I can customize every single item in my shop, down to color, size, length, you name it, I can do it.  Most other sellers can do this as well.
When the seller responds, you'll have a little blue "1" over the envelope in the middle of this box.

Any questions? Was this helpful to anyone?


No comments:

Post a Comment