Cinderella Tutu

Cinderella Tutu
www.etsy.com/shop/glittertulle

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Crafter, Crafters, Everywhere!

Today on an average trip to an average super store, I met a not so average cashier and I really hope she take my advice!
I used to give my mom a hard time because she would start talking to just about anyone who would listen--and these were usually people who had no choice because they could not run away, such as cashiers, people  who man toll booths, coma patients, basically people who can't physically flee, or make an excuse, though I wouldn't be too surprised if one of those coma patients didn't reach over and pull his or her own plug halfway through one of my mom's stories.
I'm kidding! (Mostly.)
At any rate, I felt a little like my Dear Ol'Mom this afternoon at my local superstore when I struck up a conversation with the cashier.  We started talking about my daughter who was with me, which lead to the topic of blogging, which lead to the topic of this blog and my tutus, which caused her to mention that she also crafts.  My question was, of course, "What do you make?"  It turns out she makes absolutely gorgeous cloth flowers. She showed me some pictures of them on her phone and, I'm telling you, they are stunning.  She is extremely talented! I mean, I've seen some similar products but this woman takes it well beyond your average decorative flower!
She said she'd been thinking about opening an Etsy store and I told her she absolutely must.  I also told her that, when she does, she should contact me because having friends on Etsy is a very good thing! I didn't have my card with me so I wrote my shop name down for her (the guy behind me was loving this, by the way, as you can imagine--roll eyes, look at watch---so I tried to hurry!) on a scrap piece of paper.  I really hope she opens a shop because I think people will really love he work.  I can even see purchasing some of her flowers and incorporating them into my work.
I'm always happy to find new creative people. It makes me feel better about the world, better about our futures.  It's nice to know that, even with all of the technology we have and all the options for entertaining, many people just prefer to make something with their hands.  There's not a much better feeling than completing a project that turns out exactly how you'd envisioned it, or better.
I think I made my last Valentine's Day tutu and headband for the season today. If you still want to order and you live very close by (in Texas) I can probably get you something in time if I get the order today. A wonderful customer in Missouri placed her third order today and I'm super excited about how the headband turned out in particular.
Final Valentine's tutu for 2013?

With matching headband
Just the right amount of poof!


Yet another reminder that I am giving away a tutu this evening at 9:00 Central time (2/10/2013.)  It's a custom tutu--whatever you want!  To enter follow this blog (5 entries) like me on Facebook or Twitter (1 entry each) and share my Facebook post about the givewawy (2 entries.) One of my sweet friends already has 8 entries so she's gonna be tough to beat!!
If I find the "flower lady" I will link you up to her. She's amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment