Cinderella Tutu

Cinderella Tutu
www.etsy.com/shop/glittertulle

Friday, February 15, 2013

New Design Featuring Tulle Circles

You know those nifty little tulle circles people sometimes use for gifts, or to put the rice in at weddings? Well, for months I've been thinking about a way I could incorporate them into a tutu design.  I finally came up with something yesterday. Here it is!
Circle tulle tutu with rhinestone trim
I love this emerald color of rhinestones!

What do you think?  I sewed them on in layers and then hid the stitches--sort of--with rhinestones.  This one is a size newborn and I think it would look so sweet on a little bitty baby with a big flower headband.  The circles come in just about every color and I think I'm going to try making some more tutus with them. I think they could be turned into leaves pretty easily, too, so a flower skirt would be really cute. And just in time for spring! It would look really cute over a more traditional tutu or as an apron.  My new model is a little too wide at the waist for such a little tutu to lay just right, but I thought it would look better on her than on the table.
Speaking of my new wire mannequin friend,  I think she needs a name.  Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment