Cinderella Tutu

Cinderella Tutu
www.etsy.com/shop/glittertulle

Monday, June 24, 2013

Satin and Tulle "Boutique Style" Tutu

This is my newest satin/tulle creation!
Pink Satin Tutu 
I made the under skirt out of pink satin and then added three layers of shimmery pink tulle.  Then, I added some elastic to the waist, enclosed in a 3 inch satin sash. I stitched up the satin in the back but left the tulle free to flow. I tried it on my little model to make sure it fit and she loved it!
Lucy is working it!

Though I did have some trouble getting her to stand still.
Maybe a little too much!

Or stand up.
Taking a break
But overall, I think it turned out really pretty!  I think the pleats add some elegance and I love the two lengths.  The satin sash is really the finishing touch, in my opinion.  What do you think?
Hamming it up

Now, that's just silly!

Though the back is sewn and there's elastic in the waist, it's still finished off with a gorgeous satin bow.

No comments:

Post a Comment