Cinderella Tutu

Cinderella Tutu
www.etsy.com/shop/glittertulle

Friday, June 14, 2013

Stunning New Flower Girl Dress

My first attempt at a flower girl dress is complete. I actually finished it a couple of weeks ago but I just got pictures of the gorgeous flower girl trying it on for size. I think it turned out pretty spectacular, if I do say so myself. It is extremely poofy, but that is the way the bride wanted it.  If another bride wanted it to be less full, that would certainly be doable.
The little princess modeling her new dress

I wove several layers of ivory tulle through the crotchet elastic tube top. I tied them all at the bottom and then added several more layers, including shimmer tulle.  Next, I added an entire spool of ivory ribbon at the top, weaving it through the front and creating straps that weave through the bottom in the back and tie.
The back of the flower girl dress

I also added a layer of ivory daisy ribbon at the top in the front to add even more detail.
A closer view of the daisy ribbon at the top of the bodice

Since I completed this dress, I already have an order for two more, which is incredible. Someone even told me, "It's amazing. It's the greatest thing of all time."  She may have been exaggerating, but that is always nice to hear.
The side view demonstrates the poof!

I would love to hear your feedback.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment