Cinderella Tutu

Cinderella Tutu
www.etsy.com/shop/glittertulle

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Pink Satin Gown

On a whim, I ordered some pink satin fabric from my tulle distributor.  I thought I might try to make Lucy a dress if it was enough.  I didn't really look at the quantity and I had no idea what satin costs, but I thought it might be slightly expensive.  I placed the order and waited the week or so for it to come in.
This is what I got.
Now that's a lot of satin!

What in the world am I going to do with all of that satin?

Make dresses, of course!  Here's my fist attempt.  I think it turned out super cute.  You may have noticed that I generally only use one pattern when I make dresses because this pattern is so simple and I'm really not much of a seamstress.  I change it up by adding rhinestones, buttons, applique, etc.  This one only has a button in the back for now but I could add other thing. I think I may add some flowers.
Lucy's new satin dress

The back of Lucy's new satin dress

I love satin!

Good news is, I have enough satin left to make a few more, which means I can list this at a pretty low cost to you, my wonderful fans and customers! With some rhinestones or flowers, this would be great for a wedding or party!  A satin sash would also add a touch of class. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment