Cinderella Tutu

Cinderella Tutu
www.etsy.com/shop/glittertulle

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Facebook Marketing Questions

I have some questions regarding how y'all use Facebook. I have had a Facebook page for just about as long as I have had an Etsy store.  I didn't initially pay to run any adds but then I decided to try it out and I set-up an add campaign with an extremely modest budget because I wanted to see how it would affect my business.  I don't know that I've had any sales come directly from Facebook, except for my friends who would have obviously supported me without adds. I've since heard that there are a lot of "fake" Facebook accounts that will like your page, that only about 25% of the people that like your page will actually see your posts at a given time, and that many larger corporations are dropping their adds.  I personally like running my campaigns on Facebook--I like watching the number go up and I just assume that most of those people are people but I don't know for sure.  I also think it says something to your potential customer to see that 400 people like you on Facebook--like, "Oh, okay, a lot of other people like this shop so I guess it's pretty good." As opposed to, "Oh, this lady has 12 people in her family and they were kind enough to hit like."
I would like to know what all of you think, both as fellow Etsians and as consumers.  Do you notice how many other people like a Facebook page?  Do those of you who use it feel like it's leading you to sales?  Do you feel that most of your customers are legitimate people?  I would love to hear what other people think.  I've actually seen a huge increase in my likes in the last few days and I'm hopeful that 1) it's from real people and 2) it will increase sales.
What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment