Cinderella Tutu

Cinderella Tutu
www.etsy.com/shop/glittertulle

Friday, March 8, 2013

Celebrating Girl Power!

It may come as a surprise to some of you that I am actually a pretty big NASCAR fan.  I know that doesn't necessarily quite go with the whole boutique image, but my husband and his dad always followed racing so I started watching it, too.  And come on now, some of those guys are seriously hot!  Nevertheless, I got into the strategy, found someone to cheer for and I've been watching it for several years now.
This year, Danica Patrick sat on the pole for the Daytona 500.  She is the first woman to ever do so.  Patrick also led laps under a green flag, another first.  It's kind of a big deal.  She is now one of the most recognized athletes in the world.  Little girls everywhere are looking up to her, whether they like racing or not, because they know that if she can break down barriers and overcome stereotypes, so can they.  She's a symbol that women can do anything men can do--and sometimes we can do it better!
In tribute to Ms. Patrick's accomplishments, I created a rhinestone bling t-shirt. The front says, "Race Like a Girl" and the back has her number, 10.  It's super-cute in the same lime green color that her Go Daddy sponsored car is generally painted in. Of  course, I could do it in any color, any size, short or long sleeves. I could also make a shirt for any driver--or any sport, any team, etc.  But this one is definitely special because of all that it represents! You can find it in my Etsy shop here.  Price is $20.





Close-up of the rhinestones in the #10

The front of the "Race Like a Girl!" shirt

Another view of the back


No comments:

Post a Comment