Cinderella Tutu

Cinderella Tutu
www.etsy.com/shop/glittertulle

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Celeb Baby Shower

I am currently working on three items for an upcoming celebrity baby shower.  This is the first celebrity event I've worked on so I'm very excited and extremely nervous!  I am hopeful that she will really like the outfits I'm putting together for her sweet baby. There's supposed to be press coverage, which adds another layer of fear and demand for perfection! I took my ragtag crew into Dillard's yesterday afternoon and purchased some Ralph Lauren onesies for this special occasion  And now I feel bad that I'm going to alter them--apparently, based on the price,  they are laced with gold or something.  I don't normally shell out that kind of cash for something children will probably only where once or twice but I thought this occasion warranted it.  I wish I could always offer such high-end brands but  it would make my items a lot more expensive.   Maybe it wasn't necessary for me to buy the high-end onesies for the celeb mom but I want to maximize my impression so I thought it was the way to go.  What do y'all think?  Would you have splurged on the higher-end item or gone with your normal brands?
I was able to finish the first tutu last night and I have the second one about half-way done. The third set is for the press so it will be very similar to the second outfit. I have two weeks to put this all together but I think I think I"m going to try to get it done sooner rather than later and then I'll just wait to hear what she has to say.  Think good thoughts! I hope she loves them as much as I love making them!
For tutu number one I went with pink and brown

8 layers, including 4 layers of shimmer tulle

Soft and full of extra poof!


No comments:

Post a Comment