Cinderella Tutu

Cinderella Tutu
www.etsy.com/shop/glittertulle

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Fat Quarters Make Gorgeous Pillow Case Dresses

Like many people who sew or craft, I am attracted to fat quarters much the same way a moth is to a flame--especially a moth who spends way too much money on things they have little purpose for.  After all, a fat quarter is not a lot of fabric. It's almost impossible to come up with a clothing item made with a fat quarter.  Nevertheless, they are very attractive, cute, whimsical, gorgeous and I like to buy them and stick them in my fabric stash.
But, last week, I decided to try and make a pillow case dress utilizing a very cute fat quarter that my husband got me for Christmas last year when he bought my sewing machine.  If you follow my blog then you know I have a plethora of satin fabric. I used the satin to make up for the short-comings in length for the fat quarter and for the back of the dress.  The result is a super-cute pillow case dress and one less fat quarter in the closet.
What do you think?
Fat quarter and satin pillow case dress with satin ribbon trim

Back of the fat quarter and satin pillow case dress

What are some creative ways you've been able to use fat quarters?

No comments:

Post a Comment